Thursday 18 January 2018

"Please look after this bear…"


"Please look after this bear…"

As you may have heard if you have listened to the ‘Paddington’ article on Episode Two of ‘Round The Archives’, I am very fond of Paddington Bear

This is partially because it is the first book that my parents gave me after I learned to read and partially because I identify with Paddington.

Obviously, I am not a bear nor do I come from Darkest Peru, but like Paddington I try to be helpful and believe the best in people. Also like Paddington I am a bit accident prone.

For instance, whilst turning over Andrew’s tea last week I managed to drop it all on the floor, leading to him not be able to eat it and to have to get something else. I should say that mine was fine.

I have numerous copies of the Paddington books and numerous Paddington Bear toys, the most recent one being a giant one that scared my cat Martha when I bought it home. It still occasionally startles her when she bumps into it or turns to find it behind her unexpectedly (in her mind at least).

And my other cat Rose can give an excellent Paddington hard stare. I’ve really enjoyed the two film adaptations and came out of the most recent one feeling that if everyone was like Paddington then the world would be a nicer kinder place.

So, thank you Michael Bond for all of your lovely books and for creating a character that I have taken to my heart and will always love.

(By Lisa Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available!

  'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available! "Fred Harris haunted my nightmares!" This time Bob Fische...