Thursday 11 January 2018

“Do I really sound like that?”



“Do I really sound like that?”

I’ve always thought it would be nice to sound like Gladys Pugh from ‘Hi-De-Hi’ -  that musical Welsh lilt that sounds so soothing.

But I don’t, and it was quite a shock the first time I heard myself back. I have a Essex accent, I suppose, as that’s where I was born.

I’ve been told that I sound posh and speak quite nicely. I’m not sure that I’d describe myself as posh, but I think years of watching the BBC have taught me to speak vaguely clearly.

And having heard myself on ‘Round The Archives’, if I have to do an announcement at work it’s not quite so much of a shock. Perhaps I should give ‘RTA’ a plug whilst I’m on there.

So I may not be Gladys Pugh, but I’m quite happy with the way I sound. Cor blimey, guv’nor!

(By Lisa Parker)

(Note: Maplins bags available from @claytonhickman)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available!

  'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available! "Fred Harris haunted my nightmares!" This time Bob Fische...