Thursday 7 June 2018

Doctor Who On Twitch



Doctor Who On Twitch

Over the last week or so since Twitch started streaming 'Doctor Who' I've seen more black and white episodes than I've watched for some time. And it's reignited my love of Hartnell and Troughton stories. Leading me in fact to buy some past Doctor novels and to revisit the DVD extras for 'The Chase'.



I'm also finding that one of the first things I do when I come down in the morning is check to see what episode is currently showing. Quite often I find that it's either the one that was showing when I went to bed or the one just before or after. And it's a lovely feeling to know that 'Doctor Who' is there for me to watch if I wish.

It might sound a bit strange but sometimes I'm not even really watching the episode, just letting it play in the background. I'm not really paying full attention to it. Well, until the cliffhanger comes along anyway.



I don't really read the chatroom comments as they scroll along too quickly for me to read. but it's always amusing to see them quoting the clips in the trailers and getting worred about cetain characters and the peril they face.

And it's great to see the love for a particular story, some of which we as fans take for granted and don't appreciate as much as we should.

It's wonderful to see William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and the various TARDIS crews getting the love and respect they deserve. Though Zoe's bottom also got a fair amount of appreciation…



It's been interesting to see the comparisions between  'The Enemy Of The World' and events in the real world of 2018...

Let's hope that some of the people who are engaging with the series on Twitch will watch Jodie Whittaker's debut series or buy a DVD or two.

(By Lisa Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available!

  'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available! "Fred Harris haunted my nightmares!" This time Bob Fische...