Sunday 15 April 2018

"I'm in!! I'm in!! You can stop singing!!!"



"I'm in!! I'm in!! You can stop singing!!!"

We may have no budget for our videos, but we do have a range of soft toys who can bulk out the cast list if needed. Though they might all end up with suspiciously similar voices...

But one of our many Paddingtons was able to help out Lisa after we'd watched 'Paddington 2' with Warren and I am confident that nobody guessed it was actually me. Unless you look at the left of frame where you can see my unruly hair...



It was all terribly ad-lib and we can't claim to have got every fact right (mixing up Mr Gruber with Mr Curry at one point!) but it was fun to do and it's always fun to talk about myself in the third person.

Though Lisa reading out the full name and address (complete with postcode!) of the previous owner of her copy of 'Paddington Abroad' was a surprise. Mind you, they do a similar thing on some episodes of Jon Pertwee's 'Whodunnit?', so I guess we're in good company...

If we've got an appropriate prop, we'll try and feature if if we can, hence the appearance of our 'Grace Brothers' bag (another Clayton Hickman) job in our video about 'Are You Being Served? : Dear Sexy Knickers'.



As we said, these will be a bit sporadic, depending on when we can fit them in, but we also managed to do 'Our Figures Are Slipping' this week, which at least gave me a chance to wear a hat vaguely like the one sported by Mr Humphries.



In other news, Lisa had a titanic struggle with a big box that have been very well taped-up. We knew that it contained a haul of 'Blue Peter' books, so was going to be interesting when we got it open, but we're improvising frantically when the actual opening process proves to be more difficult than we anticipated. You can always tell I'm getting desperate when I start singing umprompted, so I offer the usual apologies. And I couldn't tell the difference between the Twelfth and Thirteenth books, but the viewscreen on the camera isn't that huge...



And last night we carried on with our rewatch of the Matt Smith era of 'Doctor Who', reaching 'Cold War'. Which was a good excuse to talk about our photo with Sylvester McCoy, Michael Jayston and David Warner who is lurking in the background. The video itself explains why Lisa is a deep shade of pink in the picture, but suffice to say it's all the fault of Mr McCoy...



As always, anyone wanting to subscribe to our channel is very welcome. We cannot guarantee your safety, but I can promise you more books, more 'Are You Being Served?' and more talking soft toys...

"So thrilling, you MUST be there!"



(By Andrew Trowbridge. Thanks to Martin Holmes for the 'IN COLOUR!!!' graphic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available!

  'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available! "Fred Harris haunted my nightmares!" This time Bob Fische...