Tuesday 21 January 2020

'Round The Archives' Comes To Spotify!


'Round The Archives' Comes To Spotify!

I'm not keen on opening my front door to people I don't know, but we get enough things arriving through the post that won't fit through the letter box that it becomes a necessary evil.

And if it's someone trying to flog something, then I'm often quite shameless and attempt to slip them one of Martin's lovely 'RTA' business cards as we'll stop at nothing to get our name out there.

So when someone turned up on my doorstep, canvassing on behalf of (I think) the local Liberal Democrat candidate, I handed over a 'Hinge & Bracket' one and briefly explained what 'Round The Archives' is all about.

Interestingly, his first question was "Are you on Spotify?", which I had to answer in the negative, but I did list the usual suspects : Soundcloud, iTunes, Podchaser, PlayerFM… 

However, his query set the cogs turning in my head and I resolved to at least investigate the possibility of setting that up. As it turned out, it was a fairly easy thing to accomplish, so for January 2020, we're pleased to announce that you can find us on that very platform by clicking here!


It's early days yet to tell whether it'll make much difference to our listening figures (although at least one person on Twitter has taken advantage of the opportunity to discover some of our back catalogue), but the more platforms you're on, the better!

Happy listening to anyone trying us for the first time!

(Written by Andrew Trowbridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available!

  'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available! "Fred Harris haunted my nightmares!" This time Bob Fische...