Saturday 2 February 2019

"I've got a gaping hole..."


"I've got a gaping hole..."

Lisa has to work every other Saturday, which means that every fortnight, I find myself having to make my own amusement.

So this morning, I found myself mooching around, feeling as though I really ought to do something creative, but not sure exactly what to do.

As a possible antidode to this feeling,  I adopted a character I sometimes experiment with, recorded a couple of short answerphone messages and sent them off to Paul Chandler in the hope that they might tickle his fancy and possibly get included in a future edition of 'The Shy Life Podcast'.

Although we obviously enjoy doing 'Round The Archives', it doesn't really give us too many opportunities to do much in the way of sustained acting and certainly not in the more surreal area that the fondly-remembered  'Sutton Park' covered.

But the beauty of 'The Shy Life Podcast' is that its unusually flexible format allows contributors to be as daft as they like, so long as it can be fitted into the strange fictional universe it occupies.

I won't give too much away here, but I emailed the couple of test pieces I'd recorded to Paul and was very pleased with his enthusiastic reply. So this afternoon, we spent some useful time ad-libbing like mad whilst trying our damnest to make each other laugh in the process.

We're still working out the exact details of how this nonsense is all going to pan out, but I think we've managed to come up with something amusing and push the innuendo-meter well into the red zone.

And, frankly, it's utterly filthy in places, which always goes down well.

(Written by Andrew Trowbridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available!

  'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available! "Fred Harris haunted my nightmares!" This time Bob Fische...