Saturday 6 October 2018

Doctor New


Doctor New

We'll be watching 'Time And The Rani' this evening, but In the final 24 hours before Jodie Whittaker debuts as the new Doctor I've been thinking about her previous faces.

When it was annouced that Matt Smith was leaving and we had gimplised John Hurt's War Doctor at the end of 'The Name of the Doctor', one of my colleagues asked me if John Hurt was the new Doctor.


I pointed out that this was unlikely as he was a rather famous actor who had been in lots of films and that he might find the schedule rather arduous. Though in the end an older Doctor was chosen in the shape of Peter Capaldi who proved to be an excellent choice and more than up to the job.

I can also remember being excited when Sylvester McCoy was announced as the 7th Doctor, as it felt like a new era for the show and hopefully a more stable one. Although it was obviously very sad to see Colin Baker go so soon.

And David Tennant was a very welcome choice when Christopher Eccleston decided that one series of 'Doctor Who' was enough.


I was on the way home from work when Matt Smith was announced and remember being very excited when I phoned Andrew and he told me. And I loved the way that Matt came across in the special programme that revealed the news. We had to wait another year or so before seeing him in action and it was well worth the wait.

It is always exciting to see how the new actor playing the Doctor plays the part.

And I've never been disappointed in an actor's performance as each one brings their own unique slant to the part.


So here's to Jodie Whittaker and the 13th Doctor. Long may she reign!

(Written by Lisa Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available!

  'Round The Archives In Conversation' Episode 20 now available! "Fred Harris haunted my nightmares!" This time Bob Fische...